Friday, August 7, 2009

Suck it Reaper!


Not John Hughes too! Death, you magnificent bastard, stop scooping up all of my childhood heroes! The dude was just taking a morning stroll, and you just snuck up on him like that thoughtless bastard that you are and snatched him away. Not fair fucker. Not fair at all.

I don’t think I’ve re-watched more of any other writer/director’s movies. Not even the Cohen brothers.

National Lampoon’s Vacation- I watched it again LAST night for the 100th time probably.

Uncle Buck- At least 50 times.

Sixteen Candles- 50 or more.

Weird Science- At least 100

Trains, Planes and Automobiles-40 or more.

The Breakfast Club-20 (My least Fav of my fav)

Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (who knows?)

I was a fat kid who lived in front of the television set and John Hughes movies influenced almost every moment of my pre-teen/teen existence. Very sad to hear about this. Sadder than when M.J. bought it.

5 comments:

  1. Too sad. Very funny man. Gotta agree about the MJ thing, also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was horrified when I heard this news. I literally grew up with his movies. I refer to my car as the family truckster. I can't here the name Moliere without thinking about nad-pumping. And I couldn't tell you how many times I asked someone if they wanted a nice, greasy pork sandwich, served in a dirty ashtray. I couldn't tell you the name of the first girl I kissed, but I could recite entire scenes from a ton of his movies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you haven't already, check this out....http://wellknowwhenwegetthere.blogspot.com/2009/08/sincerely-john-hughes.html

    And "REAL tomato ketchup Eddie?". So funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I could ask John Hughes one thing...ONE THING...I would ask him what the hell the naked lady (with the poodle under her arm) at the end of that joke.

    Did anybody think to ask him this before he died? Or did they just assume they'd have a few more years to get around to asking him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know man....I'm just going by the rest of the set up where he says something about a two-foot salami under the other arm...and I'm gonna guess the salami had been somewhere it shouldn't have been. Maybe the poodle too?

    That damn Bender.

    ReplyDelete